|April 23, 2019
Below is the information requested about this meeting.
|<- Return To List|
|Monday, August 6, 2018||6:30 PM|
FAIRGROVE VILLAGE COUNCIL MEETING
August 6, 2018 – 6:30pm
- ROLL CALL – Tom Wassa, Cathy Phelps, Troy McIntosh, Doug Stevens, Kristen Nelson
- AGENDA - ADDITIONS/CORRECTIONS
- APPROVE MINUTES
- Regular Council Meeting – June 9, 2018
- Public Hearing –July 9, 2018
- Special Meeting –July 24, 2018
- AUDIENCE RECOGNITION
- DEPARTMENT/COMMITTEE REPORTS
- Fire Run Report
- Clerk’s Items
- Approve transaction list for July
FAIRGROVE VILLAGE COUNCIL MINUTES
August 6, 2018
PRESENT: Cathy Phelps, Troy McIntosh, Kristin Nelson, Doug Stevens and Tom Wassa
Visitors were present.
Council meeting was called to order at 6:30 PM.
- Agenda. Motion to approve the agenda made by Troy McIntosh and supported by Doug Stevens. All in favor (5-0).
- Council Meeting Minutes- July 9, 2018. Troy McIntosh moved to approve the minutes as amended. Kristin Nelson seconded. Motion carried (3-0).
- Public Hearing Meeting Minutes- July 9, 2018. Kristin Nelson moved to approve the minutes as amended. Cathy Phelps seconded. Motion carried (3-0)
- Special Meeting –July 24, 2018. Troy McIntosh moved to approve the minutes. Doug Stevens seconded the motion. Motion carried (5-0)
- A resident reported that there was a dog bite in the village and a citation issued. Loose dogs remain an issue in the village.
- Members of the audience noted there are increasing incidents of bad citizen behavior in the village. The council noted that contract with the enforcement officer is now in effect.
- A question was raised regarding the efforts on blight and lack of mowing. The system was explained. The clerk is continuing to address.
- Volunteers requested access to the Christmas decorations for refurbishment. The village will ensure access.
- The village extends a thank you to Tony Thomas for the work on Main Street. His efforts have assisted greatly in increasing the attractiveness of the village.
- Brush is gathering in town. The village will look at opening the dump for a drop off point.
- The drain at the park is flooded due to the recent rain.
- The stumps on McLuney and at Poplar and Main need to be addressed. The clerk will contact Kappen.
- Park report. The village volunteers are making larger strides in refurbing the park. They are currently working on sand, mulch and trimming the mulberry trees. The request permission to work the “landscape hill”. (No voted needed- yes). They also request additional helpers.
- Ground bees have infested the park and are being addressed.
- FD: Four fire runs in July. Three runs were mutual aid calls.
- Fairgrove is scheduled to host the County Fire Association meeting on August 16.
- The department is on the list for a replacement AED unit. The department does have an AED unit that is operational.
- DPW – Will look at opening the dump for brush. The pile at the dump is quite large and a burn will be needed soon.
- Clerk –The clerk has completed the LUCA (2020 Census) material and the township audit.
The board recognized Chris Townley of Townley Engineering to discuss the McLuney Street project. Mr. Townley answered all questions.
McLuney St project- NOT APPROVED
July Expenses APPROVED
Doug Stevens made a motion to continue the project. Cathy Phelps seconded the motion. The roll call vote was NOT in favor. (2-3) Stevens- Aye; Phelps –Aye; McIntosh –Nay; Nelson –Nay; Wassa –Nay.
No new business
- Cathy Phelps moved to pay the July disbursements (Attached) totaling $8979.20. Troy McIntosh seconded. The motion was approved. Roll Call Vote 5-0; Doug Stevens- Aye; Troy McIntosh –Aye, Cathy Phelps– Aye, Kristin Nelson- Aye; Tom Wassa- Aye.
- Motion to adjourn made by Doug Stevens. Seconded by Kristin Nelson. The vote was approved 5-0. The meeting was adjourned at 8:02
Fairgrove Village Clerk
|<- Return To List|