|July 02, 2022
Below is the information requested about this meeting.
|<- Return To List|
|Monday, December 7, 2015||7:00 PM|
FAIRGROVE VILLAGE COUNCIL MEETING
Dec 7, 2015 – 7:00pm
- ROLL CALL – Wassa, Maguire, B. Phelps, C. Phelps
- AGENDA - ADDITIONS/CORRECTIONS
- APPROVE MINUTES
- Regular Council Meeting – Nov 2, 2015
- Special Council Meeting – Nov 16, 2015
- AUDIENCE RECOGNITION
- NOTE: PUBLIC HEARING 7:15 for R-1 Residential Professional District
- DEPARTMENT/COMMITTEE REPORTS
- Department of Public Works
- Clerk’s Items
- The “Review” received for public consumption.
- CVTRS reports made and filed with SoM
- 2016 Meeting Calendar (For approval in Jan meeting)
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- SAW Grant
- ZBA - reappointment/replacement of Carl Childs
- Board – Replacement of J. Gehrls
- Planning Commission –
- NEW BUSINESS
- Approve transaction list for November
FAIRGROVE VILLAGE COUNCIL MINUTES
Dec 7, 2015
PRESENT: T. Wassa, C. Phelps, D. Maguire. B. Phelps
EMPLOYEES: H. Stark
Visitors included: Several that did not sign in.
Council meeting was called to order at 7 PM.
The Council observed as Chief Doug Young inducted Pete Wood into the Ranks of the Fairgrove Fire Department. Fireman Wood has cleared Fire Fighter I and II training, and Hazardous 1st Response -Operator and Technician.
The meeting was paused for a public hearing at 7:20
- Dec Agenda. Motion to accept, B. Phelps. Second, D. Maguire. All in favor, motion carried.
- Council Meeting Minutes- 2 Nov 2015. Motion to approve D. Maguire. Second, C. Phelps. All in favor, motion carried.
- Special Council Meeting- 16 Nov 2015. Motion to approve D. Maguire. Second, B. Phelps. All in favor, motion carried.
- Nancy Barrios, trustee of the Village of Cass City was in attendance.
- . DEPARTMENT/COMMITTEE REPORTS
- Fire –
- The FD reports there were four runs during the previous month. The first was an assistance call to Akron. The others consisted of: a Deckerville false alarm, providing assistance in marking a landing zone of aerial support, and a tree fire with wires down (Kirk rd. -2 poles down).
- The FD Chief has provided for board review two risk assessment policies; Discipline/Termination and Social Media. The board accepted the policies and the clerk will send a copy to the MI Par Plan Risk Control Department.
- The FD will hold their annual award dinner on Saturday January 9th.
- The Board received three resumes for appointment of FD officers. Chief Young reported that interested individuals were instructed to submit resumes and letters of interest to the board for officer positions for the last three months in FD meetings. The board has received documentation for the following positions and individuals.
- Chief Doug Young
- 2nd Chief Linal Baur
- 3rd Chief Adam Sayles
- B. Phelps moved to reappoint Doug Young to the position of Chief and to confirm the 2nd and 3rd chief with the Chief’s recommendation. C. Phelps seconded. The motion was in favor (4-0).
- The Fire Committee needs to meet prior to the Fire Board meeting with the townships to review and renew the fire service contracts. The committee meeting will be Dec 21, at 7 PM.
- The FD Chief reports signing a contract of mutual aid with MMR, Mayville Ambulance Service and ACW. He will provide a copy to the clerk.
- DPW –
- The last day of leaf pickup will be Dec 11th.
- Brush at the curb has become an issue. The village picks up brush in the spring. DPW will provide the clerk a list of addresses for an informational letter.
- The clerk provided the “Review” magazine to the board and general public.
- The CVTRS report has been made and filed with the State of Michigan. Dashboard information is on the village webpage.
- The 2016 Calendar is being completed and will be prepared for approval at the next council meeting.
- SAW grant. No further information.
- The board reappoints Carl Childs to the Zoning Board of Appeals.
- The president will work with the clerk to make a request for a replacement for J. Gehrls.
No New Business.
- Motion to approve November disbursements totaling $21014.23 made by D Maguire, Seconded by B. Phelps. (Attached). The motion was approved.
T. Wassa -Aye.
D. Maguire -Aye
C. Phelps -Aye
B. Phelps - Aye
Meeting adjourned at 8:04 PM. Motion made by D. Maguire, Seconded by C. Phelps. Carried.
Fairgrove Village Clerk
|<- Return To List|