|July 13, 2020
Below is the information requested about this meeting.
|<- Return To List|
|Monday, October 5, 2015||7:00 PM|
FAIRGROVE VILLAGE COUNCIL MEETING
Oct 5, 2015 – 7:00pm
- ROLL CALL – Wassa, Gehrls, Maguire, B. Phelps, C. Phelps
- AGENDA - ADDITIONS/CORRECTIONS
- APPROVE MINUTES
- Regular Council Meeting – Sep 14, 2015
- AUDIENCE RECOGNITION
- DEPARTMENT/COMMITTEE REPORTS
- Fire Run report
- Fire Chief’s report on conference
- Department of Public Works
- Clerk’s Items
- Info: Par Plan News
- Info: the review
- Info: Public Hearing DTE Oct 7th, 2015
- Survey completed Improving community resiliency in the Saginaw Bay Watershed
- Report: Audit complete
- AUDIT SUGGESTION CHANGE CAPILTKA IMPROVEMENT FROM $300 TO $1000
- Filing for F-65 Completed
- Treasurers report : tax collection complete
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- Residential Professional District
- Location of workmen Comp Treatment
- NEW BUSINESS
- Parade of Lights on Dec 4th @6 PM (Same route as last year) Put on by Pat Gibber
- Approve transaction list for September
FAIRGROVE VILLAGE COUNCIL MINUTES
Oct 5, 2015
PRESENT: T. Wassa, C. Phelps, D. Maguire.
EMPLOYEES: H. Stark
Visitors included: Fern Young (2144 Main) and others that did not sign in.
Council meeting was called to order.
- Oct Agenda: Motion to approve, C. Phelps. Second, D. Maguire. All in favor, motion carried.
- Council Meeting Minutes- 14 Sep 2015. Motion to approve D. Maguire. Second, C. Phelps. All in favor, motion carried.
- An audience member discussed the Rail Road tracks near the gully and indicated they are very rough and showing indication of washout. President Wassa will address the issue with the train company.
- An Audience member commented that there are new people moving in in several locations.
- Fire –
- The FD reports there were five runs during the previous month including two assistance runs to Akron, a gas leak and an assistance run to the state police.
- It is fire protection month. The FD Chief reports on the plans for local elementary school outreach. He also highlighted fire detection safety and briefed the gathering on proper use and installation.
- The FD leadership met with Michigan Municipal League (MML) Risk management. They are awaiting materials from MML to update their operational guidelines.
- The FD Chief reported on his training at the Fire Department International Conference and requested consideration to attend next year’s training.
- The Star of the West is considering again holding farm emergency training classes for local firefighters. The FD Chief reported that the training is cost effective and will continue to report on the subject.
- Two firemen will be leaving the department (N. Maguire and S. Maguire) for personal reasons. The chief will work with the clerk to finalize their paperwork.
- The DNR procured vehicle is nearly ready to join the FD fleet. It has been outfitted with both lights and siren and is awaiting radio installation. When complete, the FD will sell the prior truck.
- DPW –
- Leaf pick up in the village will begin soon. The clerk will get with DPW to make the announcement. ( Leaf pickup is M/W/F from October 12th thru Dec 11th)
- The clerk presented the “Par Plan News” and “the Review” for all interested in reading them.
- DTE energy will hold a public hearing on Oct 7th, 2015.
- Several surveys were received and completed. The clerk has responded as required and forwarded them to the appropriate council member (including the Saginaw Bay Watershed survey and the MPPS). The clerk also reported on a few interesting points in the latest close-up survey regarding state wide funding.
- The village audit has been sent to the state by the auditor. The village copy of the final report should be received this week. In addition, the Annual F-65 has also been completed and received by the state.
- The treasurer reports the village tax collection is compete.
- The ordinance amendment for the Residential Professional District has been sent to the Lawyer for review. The clerk will schedule a public hearing for the ordinance at the December board meeting.
- The village determined that village employees needing non-emergency treatment should be directed to a care facility of the village choosing (Risk Assessment Item). The board suggested the Redi-Med walk-in clinic system (Essexville) is familiar with treatment under Workman’s Compensation. The clerk will investigate and report during the next meeting.
- B Phelps and T. Wassa will work on installing the town hall projector.
- The Parade of Lights will be held on December 4th at 6 PM. The Parade Director is Pat Gibber. The clerk will coordinate the closing of M-138 for the event and will discuss traffic direction and safety with the director.
- Motion to approve September disbursements totaling $26,818.19 made by D Maguire, Seconded by C. Phelps. (Attached). The motion was approved.
T. Wassa -Aye.
D. Maguire -Aye
C. Phelps -Aye
Meeting adjourned at 7:37 p.m.
Fairgrove Village Clerk
|<- Return To List|