|September 25, 2017
Below is the information requested about this meeting.
|<- Return To List|
|Monday, September 14, 2015||7:00 PM|
Regular Council Meeting Sep 14, 2015
Please note this meeting has been moved from September 7th
FAIRGROVE VILLAGE COUNCIL MEETING
Sep 14, 2015 – 7:00pm
- ROLL CALL – Wassa, Gehrls, Maguire, B. Phelps, C. Phelps
- AGENDA - ADDITIONS/CORRECTIONS
- APPROVE MINUTES
- Regular Council Meeting – Aug 3, 2015
- AUDIENCE RECOGNITION
- Lillian Wheeler ?-“sewer snowbird reduction” (previously tabled)
- DEPARTMENT/COMMITTEE REPORTS
- Fire Run report
- Fire Chief’s report on conference
- Department of Public Works
- Clerk’s office received numerous positive comments about how the village looked for Bean Fest.
- Clerk’s Items
- INFO: Annual Act 51 report filed
- INFO: Firemen’s Compensation Insurance renewed
- INFO: In-office portion of 2013-2015 audit complete.
- INFO: Consumer’s Energy Hearings: Aug 24 & Sep 16, 2015
- REPORT: MML Fund Loss Report
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- Zoning Amendment – Residential Professional District
- TC Solid Waste Management Plan Amendment MTG Sep 22, 2015
- Recognition of charitable nature of Fairgrove Fire Department support origination.
- Approve transaction list for August
FAIRGROVE VILLAGE COUNCIL MINUTES
PRESENT: T. Wassa, C. Phelps, B. Phelps.
EMPLOYEES: Don Englehart
Visitors included: Fern Young (2144 Main)
Council meeting was called to order.
- Sep Agenda: Motion to approve, C. Phelps. Second, B. Phelps. All in favor, motion carried.
- Council Meeting Minutes- 3 Aug 2015: Corrections Made. Motion to approve as corrected by C. Phelps. Second, B. Phelps. All in favor, motion carried.
- The audience questioned progress on improvements on the “Pomeroy” house. The board reports the village has sent communications and they have been mowing in preparation to sell.
- The audience noted there is no handicap parking across from the Bean building doors.
- The requested “snowbird reduction” sewer rate deduction was discussed. Those wishing to limit service can disconnect/re-connect. The fee is $250.
- DPW –
- DPW reports there is storm drain damage at the Railroad tracks and park.
- A reported storm drain light was reported (indicating an issue with runoff going downhill and into a window. It is recorded as a false report and is attributed to a sanitary well.
- The clerk reported many positive comments received about how good the village looked for Bean Festival.
- DPW reports there is a bottle stuck in a pipe at Magic Square.
- DPW reports that the new concrete was damage while wet and stetting by a pedestrian. It has been repaired.
- Fire –
- The FD reports the urinal in the main building does not properly shut off and the door to the fireman area had water coming in.
- The possibility of painting the fire hall floor was discussed.
- The FD reports they have one new fireman (Haywood Garfield) and one High School student learning about the department.
- The FD reported they had a meeting with Risk Management and will receive a report.
- The department booster club discussed their recent bingo at the Bean Festival and requested a resolution for gaming permits.
- The clerk reported the Annual Act 51 report was filed, Firemen’s Compensation Insurance was renewed, and the in-office portion of 2013-2015 financial audit was complete.
- The clerk reported there were two public hearings by Consumer’s Energy, Aug 24 & Sep 16, 2015
- The clerk provided the MML Fund Loss Report for the village portion the inspection (DPW and FD separate). The village should consider naming a location for Workman’s compensation injuries to avoid costly non-emergency hospital treatment.
- The village projector needs to be added to the planning schedule for installation.
- The Village Attorney would like examples of potential businesses that would be authorized under the proposed Residential Professional District.
- The Tuscola County Solid Waste Management Plan Amendment will be reviewed Sep 22, 2015 in a public meeting. The board is not designating a representative.
- The board discussed the need to separate the Fairgrove Fire Department support origination from the village run Fairgrove Fire Department. The subject will be discussed at a future meeting.
- Motion to approve August disbursements totaling $22,097.78 made by B. Phelps, Seconded by C. Phelps. (Attached). The motion was approved.
Meeting adjourned at 7:48 p.m.
Fairgrove Village Clerk
*Compiled from notes provided by council member C. Phelps.
|<- Return To List|